The European Tourism Convention took place virtually on Monday, October 12, 2020. The aim of the Convention was to launch a dialogue on sustainable recovery and the strategic orientations for the tourism of tomorrow and guide future work and cooperation on tourism (towards a European Agenda for Tourism 2050).
The event consisted of three parallel thematic workshops in the morning where invited experts, our ideas represented by Urska Starc Peceny from Arctur, co-created an action plan for re-building tourism:
- Safe and seamless, tourism experience
- Greener holidays
- Tourism powered by data
During the discussion on Tourism powered by data three Challenges / Priority Areas have emerged:
- To strengthen the European strategy on data and digitalisation of EU Tourism
- To progress on tourism data set integration and data sharing
- To steer innovation for the digital transformation of tourism capitalising on data and new technologies
The result of all three workshops have been presented and discussed at the Plenary session of the Convention in the afternoon covering discussions on:
- European Tourism ecosystem of tomorrow
- Investing in the European tourism ecosystem of tomorrow and
- Sustainable recovery and European Agenda of Tourism 2050
If you were unable to attend the convention, please follow this link.