The project explores the dual purpose of technology to digitally preserve and safeguard Europe’s tangible and intangible cultural heritage gems and future proof the sector by making it more attractive to young people (digital natives) who are the future consumers/custodians of Europe’s cultural heritage.
Few would argue with the need for innovation in the cultural heritage tourism sector but for many, particularly those in rural areas, the pressing question is how to successfully innovate within current budget constraints and do so quickly and effectively. This is where digital cultural heritage and low/no-cost technical solutions come in. Technology and innovation have a leading role to play in Europe to build a strong, sustainable cultural heritage tourism sector for and of the future. INSITES explores the dual purpose of technology to digitally preserve and safeguard Europe’s tangible and intangible cultural heritage gems and future proof the sector by making it more attractive to young people (digital natives) who are the future consumers/custodians of Europe’s cultural heritage.
Cultural heritage tourism is defined as “travel to experience the places, artefacts and activities that authentically represent the stories and people of the past and present, including cultural historic and natural resources” such as urban and rural landscapes, museums, theaters, archaeological sites, monuments and cultural interpretation centres.
- Improve the digital and immersive tourism skills of cultural heritage custodians leading to the creation of new digital cultural heritage tourism experiences, the preservation of both tangible and intangible cultural heritage assets, and new engaged consumer audiences for cultural heritage (digital natives/immersive explorers).
- Increase the ability of VET trainers and business support organizations in UK, Ireland, Slovenia, Italy, Turkey and Greece to deliver future-focused digital and immersive tourism training to cultural heritage custodians.
- Directly impact the work of INSITES partners BDEL, MMS, EUEI, ORT-BEL and AKMI who will all add digital/immersive elements to their current cultural heritage tourism training/supports while also bringing new innovations to the ongoing work of Arctur and DM in this sector.
- IO1 The Future – Immersive Cultural Heritage Experiences OERs is a multilingual cultural heritage tourism training pack which upskills learners in the powerful potential of digital technology to rejuvenate, preserve and grow cultural heritage tourism in Europe. It includes learning outcomes, teachers’ guides for VET classroom delivery with stimulating lesson plans, multimedia lecture materials, and methodologies for assessing learners’ progress.
- IO2 Active Peer Learning Guide (IO2) captures inspirational case studies and best practice examples of cultural and heritage tourism custodians across Europe who have improved their digital skills and embraced technology in innovative ways to rejuvenate, preserve and grow their cultural heritage tourism business.
- IO3 Digital Cultural Heritage MOOC is a multilingual one-stop digital training point where cultural heritage custodians can “drop-in” and access up-to-date info, guidance/training from European digital cultural heritage experts.
- IO4 Digital Cultural Heritage Technology Toolkit, which identifies, rigorously tests and guides the use of 20+ low/no-cost digital tools with the powerful potential to rejuvenate, preserve and grow cultural heritage tourism. IO4 will make digital cultural heritage accessible and achievable for smaller tourism providers/custodians.
- Banbridge District Enterprises Ltd
- ARCTUR Računalniški inženiring d.o.o
- Momentum Marketing Services Limited
- European E-learning Institute
- Trabzon Ortahisar Belediyesi
- AKMI Anonimi Ekpaideftiki Etairia
- Destination Makers S.r.l.s.
- 18. June, 2021
- 14. November, 2020
- 9. October, 2020
- 14. August, 2020
- 27. February, 2020
- 13. February, 2020
- 9. January, 2020