Tourism Impact Model (TIM) is an award-winning tool using real data to create an objective picture of the impact of tourism in a certain micro-location. It analyses different societal aspects: from environment, economy and culture to collaboration. By modelling the impact using different scenarios, it also acts as a digital twin of a tourist destination and allows data-driven strategic planning aligned with the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Search for the true impact of Tourism
Local inhabitants, tourist service providers, authorities … every stakeholder has its own subjective perception of the reality. TIM brings real data in the perception of the impact of tourism to sharpen the real picture for everyone and allow data driven strategic planning.
The benefits for a destination
- Built-in transparency and inclusion of local inhabitants in strategic planning.
- Supervised collecting of data from various sources and their transformation into valuable information.
- Real picture of the whole spectrum of positive and negative impacts of tourism based on real data.
- Complex concepts made simple and understandable through visualisation of results and sets of recommendations for improvements.
- Dynamic real data simulations of possible scenarios for quick and competent response in all situations.
How it works
The process is supervised by certified TIM experts and includes the following steps:
Easy to understand results
Results are presented in a detailed report spanning over 100 pages. It is comprised of multiple indicators and graphs including the Destination Character Chart which enables easily comparable overall results.
Destination Character Chart™
Destination Character Chart (DCC) is a tool for visualisation of the destination character, summarising values of hundreds of indicators grouped into a 3-dimensional matrix combining: Positive impact of tourism (Benefits), negative impact of tourism (Resource consumption) and General conditions of the destination. The main DCC is complemented by so called mini DCCs which visualise the results for individual sections. Each DCC (main and mini) is also accompanied by its data accuracy level presented by a graphic (picture 6).
We are searching for
- Tourist destinations, regions and countries worldwide to become TIM beta users,
- Tourism industry professionals to become certified TIM experts,
- Researchers to join our R&D team in the future development of TIM.
- 2. March, 2021
- 26. February, 2021
- 17. February, 2021
- 27. November, 2020
- 26. November, 2020
- 17. November, 2020
- 14. November, 2020