Besides already being validated in the Black Sea area (6 locations) and Danube area (24 locations) in 2021 TIM has achieved breakthrough results by completing the TIM assessments at three Slovenian locations that began their participation in the first stages of development in 2019 with the main bulk of work beginning in November 2020.
Of those locations two are municipalities - Municipalities of Postojna and Ajdovščina and one is a destination - Jeruzalem Slovenija, consisting of three municipalities Ormož, Sveti Tomaž and Središče ob Dravi.
A historical day for TIM with the first presentation of the results happened on the 30th of August at the Municipality of Postojna.
- Igor Marentič, mayor of the Municipality of Postojna, was awarded The certificate of excellence
- Špela Perič was awarded The certificate of merit as TIM location administrator
The following location, that successfully finished the TIM assessment, was the destination Jeruzalem Slovenija with the included municipalities of Ormož, Sveti Tomaž and Središče ob Dravi). Many challenges to get the data, but excellent cooperation with the TIM team.
- Danijel Vrbnjak, mayor of the Municipality of Ormož,
- Mirko Cvetko, mayor of the Municipality of Sveti Tomaž,
- Jurij Borko, mayor of the Municipality of Središče ob Dravi,
were awarded The certificate of excellence, while
- Blanka Kosi Raušl was awarded The certificate of merit as TIM location administrator
The last TIM location that finished TIM assessment in Slovenia was The Municipality of Ajdovščina, where
- Tadej Beočanin, mayor of the Municipality of Ajdovščina, was awarded The certificate of excellence
- Janja Lazar and Janez Furlan, the leads of the assessment by the Municipality, were awarded The certificate of merit as TIM location administrators
These presentations of the TIM assessments were just a beginning of a fantastic journey about data-driven strategic thinking in tourism!